Feast of the Holy Apostles Archippus, Philemon & Onesimos
LAST WEEK we published a letter by Eighth Day Institute’s Board of Directors announcing our summer fundraising campaign. It pleases me to no end to see this group of dedicated folks transitioning into a working Board of Directors and establishing a vision for stability and long-term growth, including hiring help with administration and event coordination in 2019. I hope you’ll take a minute to read it HERE.
The launch of our summer fundraising campaign coincides with our inaugural Florovsky Week, which begins next Tuesday with an iconography workshop and an evening banquet with the inaugural Florovsky Lecture by yours truly. If you don’t know who Florovsky is and are wondering why we named this event after him, this is your chance to learn about him and his influence on the ecumenical movement, on me personally, and on the mission of Eighth Day Institute. Presentations on the Reformation and the early Christian view of salvation will be offered on Wed-Sat.
I believe all Christians have a duty to work toward overcoming our divisions. Christ prayed for us to be one as He is one with His Father, “so that the world might believe.” Our mission of renewing culture through faith and learning thus depends on our ability as Christians to stand together as one household of God.
If you believe in our mission of renewing culture and if you believe Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christians should be working toward unity, please consider contributing to our summer campaign. You can do so in two ways:
- Join our community of members as a monthly Eighth Day Patron for a discounted $25/month (select “donate” instead of “get tickets”). You can attend Florovsky Week for free and you’ll receive a 50% discount on all future events, plus a 10% discount at Eighth Day Books.
- If you are already an Eighth Day Member, please consider offering an additional gift of $500, $250, or $100 (select “donate” instead of “get tickets”).
- We only have 7 seats left for the iconography workshop.
- There are only 38 seats left for the opening banquet.
- And we have plenty of the newly released Florovsky pint glasses for anyone who registers for an all-access pass.
Thank you so much for believing in the mission of renewing culture and overcoming division. Your prayers and financial support are vital to this important work.
P.S. If you are traveling into Wichita, we do have a block of rooms reserved at the Hotel at Waterwalk with a discounted price of $79/night for a king suite.
P.S.S. We are auctioning off a complete set of an extremely rare set of Florovsky’s 14-volume collected works. Proceeds will be split between EDI and the St Nicholas Africa Fund, which provides support for education, health, and entrepreneurism in Uganda. Click here for more information make a bid!