Feast of St Symeon the New Theologian
WE ARE pleased to announce the inaugural Inklings Cartography Contest. The field is wide open to create maps from any world within the literature of any of the Inklings. That means your creativity is unlimited, i.e., you need not limit yourself to Narnia or Middle-earth, although those worlds are definitely options.
Maps will be judged in four categories, and each category winner will receive an award:
1) Age 7 and below - Inklings Coloring Book
2) Age 8-11 - The Hobbit and $10 Gift Certificate to Eighth Day Books
3) Age 12-18 - Lord of the Rings (boxed set)
4) Age 18+ - $50 Gift Certificate to Eighth Day Books
Other important information:
- Maps must be flat (two-dimensional) and no larger than 11x17 inches
- Maps must be hand drawn
- Maps should be original, creative, and unassisted
- Maps may depict any place within the worlds of the Inklings, but should be illustrated; in other words, use pictures
- Drop maps off before Oct 21 at Eighth Day Books during normal business hours or have entries brought to Oktoberfest before 4 pm on Oct 21.
Click here for more information and to register for the Inklings Oktoberfest events on Oct 19-21, in conjunction with the 30th anniversary of Eighth Day Books.