Feast of St Pope Sylvester I
Since 2013, we've published five volumes of A Word from the Fathers. Here's the list of publications, thus far:
- Commentary on an Easter Hymn of St. Gregory Nazianzen by St. Dorotheus of Gaza
- The Desert Sayings of St. Anthony the Great
- On the Holy Virgin Theotokos by St. Proclus of Constantinople
- The Divine Dilemma & Its Solution in the Incarnation by St. Athanasius the Great
- Small & Great Vespers for the Feast of the Transfiguration
Beginning this year of our Lord 2019, we will be renaming this publication, slightly emending and amplifying the content, and increasing the frequency of publication.
Instead of A Word from the Fathers, it will now be called A Catechetical Word from the Fathers.
We'll be emending and amplifying it by adding introductory material on the life, history, and theology of the author of the patristic text. And we'll include a study guide and questions. Our hope is for this publication to provide parents, teachers, ministers, and other leaders material to introduce the common Tradition of the early Church to their families, students, and parishioners. This is one of the most important ways we believe a healthy ecumenism for cultural renewal can be facilitated.
For 2019, we'll be publishing this on a quarterly basis. But God willing with sufficient funding, we hope to make it a monthly publication in 2020.
Our inaugural issue for the Theophany liturgical season will be St. Gregory the Theologian's Oration 38 on Theophany.